Help us improve our website by completing a quick survey. Start survey now

You’ll need to update your browser so you can continue to log on to your online banking from 28th February. Update now.


Optional extras on home insurance

Personal valuables cover

Most of us have items of a personal or portable nature that we take with us when we go out. To make sure these items are covered if they’re accidentally lost or damaged, you may choose to include Personal Valuables cover with your Residential Home policy for an extra premium, or you can also take it out as a stand-alone policy.

There are two types of cover:

  • Customised cover under which you list each item you want covered and its replacement value.
  • Packaged cover where you do not have to list each item, but where the most we will pay is $750 for any one item. The maximum you can claim can be chosen from the following levels: $2,000, $3,000, $4,000, $5,000 and $7500.

Domestic Workers Compensation

Workers such as child carers, house cleaners or casual gardeners could be deemed a domestic worker under the relevant worker compensation legislation and could require protection by you.

Domestic Workers Compensation offers coverage for such workers employed at your property in the event they have an accident. It is available in the ACT, TAS and WA for Residential Home Insurance policy holders with contents cover. This policy cannot be taken alone.2

The above is a summary of some of the features of our Residential Home Package and is not to be relied upon as the policy wording. Full details of the cover available including the limitations and exclusions that apply are contained in the CommInsure Home Insurance Product Disclosure Statement that has been issued.


Important Information

  1. This advice has been prepared without taking into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs. You should, before acting on this information, consider its appropriateness to your circumstances. CommInsure is a registered business name of Commonwealth Insurance Limited (CIL) ABN 96 067 524 216 AFSL 235030. A Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) for CommInsure Home Insurance issued by CIL is available by downloading it or by calling 13 24 23 and should be considered before making any decisions about these products.
  2. The insurer for CommInsure Home Insurance is CIL. In the ACT, TAS and WA, CIL offers Domestic Workers Compensation insurance as an agent for and receives a commission from Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 (Allianz) who is the insurer.