How do I set up Tap & Pay on my eligible Android smartphone with NFC?
Last updated 19 August 2016
To set up Tap & Pay on a supported device you must:
- Be registered with the latest version of the CommBank app
- Have an NFC-enabled Android phone with OS 4.4(KitKat) or above (or able to update to this OS)
- Have an eligible transaction or credit card account.
To activate Tap & Pay on your Android smartphone with NFC:·
- Go to Menu > Settings > App settings > Tap & Pay
- Select the account or credit card you wish to use for Tap & Pay payments (this will set up a Tap & Pay card on your device)
- Confirm if you would like to be able to view available funds at the time of payment without the need to log on; and
- Create a PIN for your Tap & Pay card (each Tap & Pay card requires its own PIN, which will be required when making purchases)
- Ensure the NFC is turned on via your phone settings
- Each account you set up for Tap & Pay will generate a Tap & Pay card on your device with a unique card number.
These cards can be accessed by selecting Menu > Settings > App settings > Tap & Pay
- If you previously had a PayTag on your device, you’ll need to remove and destroy it once you set up the new Tap & Pay.