How do I make a Tap & Pay purchase on an Android smartphone with NFC?
Last updated 19 August 2016
To make a Tap & Pay purchase:
- Launch the CommBank app, go to Menu > Settings > App Settings > Tap & Pay
- Enter your Tap & Pay card PIN
- Hold the back of your phone 2cm over the contactless reader (the phone will vibrate and the terminal will beep to confirm the reader contact was successful)
- The transaction amount will appear on your phone
- Check the terminal to confirm payment is successful
- Click Done to exit Tap & Pay and return to the home screen.
Note: You can use Tap & Pay to make contactless purchases up to $100 or other limit as set by the merchant. For purchases over $100, you will be required to enter your card PIN.