Applications for our Intern 2016/17 and remaining 2017 Graduate Program are now closed. We will no longer be accepting any further applications.
We encourage you to visit our listing page to find out about other entry level opportunities available outside of our Intern 2016/17 and remaining 2017 Graduate Program. Thanks for your interest in working with us.
Colonial First State Global Asset Management Graduate and Summer Intern Programs
Colonial First State Global Asset Management Program overview
We partner with clients from all over the world, to develop solutions that help them achieve their long-term investment goals. We manage a wide range of global asset classes, including equities, cash, fixed interest and credit, property securities, listed infrastructure, listed and unlisted property and direct infrastructure. We operate on behalf of institutional investors and pension funds, wholesale distributors and platforms, financial advisers and their clients.
This 10 week program gives you exposure across our diverse business. You’ll receive training, networking opportunities, be supported by a buddy and have the chance to contribute meaningfully to our business.
This two-year, structured Program includes rotations through several core areas, including Equities, Fixed Interest and Credit and Infrastructure. You may also get the opportunity to complete a work rotation in one of our international offices, such as London, Edinburgh, Hong Kong or Singapore.
Our Graduate Program is designed to lead to a career in investment management. There are two main types of roles that you could move into after the Program:
- Analyst roles in equities, fixed interest and credit, or infrastructure
- Relationship Manager, Product Manager, Analyst or Investment Specialist roles in business development, institutional sales, strategy, product development or investment solutions.
You are disciplined with a global mindset and can work collaboratively. We are looking for exceptional quantitative, numerical, critical thinking and excellent communication skills.
Graduates from all disciplines are welcome to apply. However, you need to have a strong knowledge of financial markets plus a genuine interest in investment management.
As well as fine tuning your knowledge and understating of Colonial First State Global Asset Management, you’ll also have the opportunity to:
- Contribute and feel valued: You’ll become an important member of the business and work with experienced senior leaders
- Get a global focus: Experience a diverse global business and have the opportunity to work overseas for up to six months
- Receive training and development: Receive access to technical courses, tertiary study assistance (including CFA support) and professional and personal development opportunities
- Network: Gain access to senior leaders and extensive networking opportunities
- Feel supported: Be supported by a mentor and a buddy
- Enjoy your time with us: You’ll benefit from having a strong work/life balance, a competitive base salary and eligibility for an annual performance-related bonus.