Applications for our 2021 Graduate Program will open at 12:01am AEST 24th February 2020 and close at 11:55pm AEST on the 16th of March 2020. For all successful candidates the program will commence in early February 2021. Applications for our 2020/21 Summer Intern Program will open in early July.
Analytics (Retail Banking Services) Graduate and Summer Intern Programs
Analytics Program (Retail Banking Services) overview
Our people are finding the answers to some of Australia’s biggest customer challenges. With rich data at your fingertips, you’ll be joining a team of expert problem solvers who are unafraid of the unfamiliar.
The Analytics program is part of the Retail Bank’s Graduate Programs, and sits across a range of areas including:
This 10 week program gives you exposure across our diverse business. You’ll receive training, networking opportunities, be supported by a buddy and have the chance to contribute meaningfully to our business.
The Analytics (Retail Banking Services) stream offers an 18-month head office program and includes four structured rotations (Insights, Advanced Analytics, Data Science and Risk) designed to make you a well-rounded Analytics professional.
During your Insights rotation you could help solve problems and work on strategic projects. Here you will look at complex data sets and work through them to find insights that can be used for day-to-day decision making.
Within your Advanced Analytics rotation you could help build models and apply technical skills to optimise business decision making. Here you can used advanced algorithms to help your stakeholders understand what their next steps should be.
Within Data Science you could use cutting-edge tools and techniques to make smarter decisions faster. Here you can use everything from computer science, statistics, machine learning, deep learning and business analysis to extract valuable insights from large structured and unstructured data sets.
Finally, during your Risk rotation you will develop fundamental risk capabilities that will equip you to make more sound business decisions during your career in Analytics at CommBank.
You will form part of a broader cohort under the Retail Banking Services stream, which also incorporates our Commercial and Digital Grads. In addition to your four analytics rotations, you will get the opportunity to work with this broader cohort and get direct exposure to our customers through our branch network, call centres and through other unique problem-solving and project experiences.
Your program includes tailored development to enhance your technical capability with the use of analytical tools such as R, SQL, SAS and Teradata in conjunction with vast data sets to deliver actionable analytical insights. Your program also includes multiple professional development opportunities, including interactive masterclasses, training courses and graduate conferences. These collaborative sessions will enable you to develop leadership capabilities, enhance your presentation skills and critical thinking. You will get exposure to topics such as emotional intelligence, resilience and leading through change, which will prepare you for success during the program and beyond.
You could continue your career in the Retail Bank in one of the analytical functions and progress through to management of large analytical teams and apply the analytical skills you have built up over the 18 months.
Roles you could move into include:
- Data Analyst
- Modelling Analyst
- Risk Analyst
- Associate Data Scientist
- Pricing Analyst.
You are innovative, a problem solver, results driven, solutions focused, resilient, strategically minded and proactive. You are a strong role model of our purpose and values and demonstrate leadership attributes. You have excellent interpersonal skills, communication skills, work effectively in a team, are commercially astute and are passionate about delivering exceptional customer service.
Graduates from all disciplines are welcome to apply, however, preferred degree areas include:
- Business analytics
- Actuarial studies
- Data science
- Any other quantitatively-oriented discipline.
As well as fine tuning your knowledge and understanding of our analytics area, you’ll also benefit from:
- Challenging work and diverse experience: You’ll have the opportunity to work on exciting and varied projects that make a difference. This will help you develop a range of new skills and experiences
- Responsibility and autonomy: You’ll be trusted to deliver outcomes, with the support of your manager and your team, that contribute to CommBank’s strategic priorities and goals
- An ever-improving Program: We're always refreshing and improving our program so you get the most exciting and engaging experience possible. Your development and experience will be overseen by our Graduate Council to ensure your experience is world class
- Support: You’ll be mentored by a second year Graduate, experienced rotation managers and a Program Manager, who will help you plan and drive your own career
- Career success: The program is designed to set you up for your future career and long term success at CommBank
- Endless opportunity: You are encouraged to discuss your career aspirations with your rotation manager and Program Manager, who can help make them a reality
- Networking: You’ll have the chance to work with talented people, and form important relationships within the business
- Community involvement: You’ll have the chance to engage the wider community through graduate-led community projects and initiatives.
Awards and recognition
The Australian Top 100
Graduate Employer 2019
#1 Banking and Finance sector
Australian Financial Review and GradConnection Top 100
Graduate Employer 2019
#1 Banking, Finance and Insurance Sector
#8 Most popular Employer
Top Graduate Employers 2019