Applications for our Intern 2016/17 and remaining 2017 Graduate Program are now closed. We will no longer be accepting any further applications.
We encourage you to visit our listing page to find out about other entry level opportunities available outside of our Intern 2016/17 and remaining 2017 Graduate Program. Thanks for your interest in working with us.
Analytics (Retail Banking Services) Graduate and Summer Intern Programs
Analytics Program (Retail Banking Services) overview
We use advanced analytics and modelling so we can identify opportunities to help our customers and drive key business decisions. Our Analytics team covers four key areas: Customer Engagement & Decision Science (Customer, Product and Distribution), Digital Channel Optimisation, Pricing and Risk Management.
This 10 week program gives you exposure across our diverse business. You’ll receive training, networking opportunities, be supported by a buddy and have the chance to contribute meaningfully to our business.
The Retail Banking Services Analyst stream offers an eighteen month program and includes structured rotations and tailored development. We believe great people underpin everything we do. You will be an essential contributor in driving the RBS strategy which is to excel at satisfying customer needs in more ways through personal relationships and world class technology. Your program includes a frontline rotation where you will obtain skills grounded in deep customer insights, giving you the knowledge and experience you need for an exciting career in the Retail Bank.
Your rotations are through our core functions within Retail Banking Services so that you get a solid understanding of how to use analytical techniques to deliver leading business solutions. Your rotations could include such areas as Risk Management, Digital Optimisation, Customer Pricing and Customer Engagement, and Decision Science.
You will form part of a cohort in Retail Banking Services with three streams: Generalist, Digital and Analytics, and will be able to leverage your experiences and exposure with one another to enhance your graduate experience.
You could continue your career in the Retail Bank in one of the analytical functions and progress through to management of large analytical teams, or you could transfer to a different Group function and apply the analytical skills you have built up over the eighteen months.
Roles you could move into include:
- Data Analyst
- Modelling Analyst
- Risk Analyst
- Pricing Analyst.
You are innovative, results driven, solutions focused, resilient, strategically minded, proactive and a strong role model of our vision and values and leadership behaviour. You have excellent interpersonal skills, are commercially astute and passionate about delivering exceptional customer service.
Graduates from all disciplines are welcome to apply, however, preferred degree areas include:
- Business analytics
- Actuarial studies
- Any other quantitatively oriented discipline.
As well as fine tuning your knowledge and understating of our Analytics area, you’ll also receive:
- Challenging work and diverse experience: You’ll have the opportunity to work on exciting and varied projects that make a difference. This will help you develop a range of new skills and experiences
- Responsibility and autonomy: You’ll deliver outcomes that contribute to CommBank’s strategic priorities and goals
- An ever-improving Program: We're always refreshing and improving our program so you get the most exciting and engaging experience possible. Your development and experience will be overseen by our Graduate Talent Council to ensure your experience is world class
- Support: You’ll be mentored by a senior leader who will help you plan and drive your career
- Stability: You’ll have a permanent role guaranteed upfront (pending satisfactory performance)
- Endless opportunity: You are openly encouraged to discuss your career aspirations with your manager, who can help make them a reality
- Networking: You’ll have the chance to work with talented people, and form important relationships within the business
- Community involvement: You’ll have the chance to engage the wider community through graduate-led community projects and initiatives.