Applications for our 2018 Graduate Program are now open. To view all available positions and locations, and to apply, visit our listing page.
Analytics (Retail Banking Services) Graduate and Summer Intern Programs
Analytics Program (Retail Banking Services) overview
We use advanced analytics and modelling so we can identify opportunities to help our customers and drive key business decisions. Our Analytics team covers four key areas: Customer Engagement & Decision Science (Customer, Product and Distribution), Digital Channel Optimisation, Pricing and Risk Management.
This 10 week program gives you exposure across our diverse business. You’ll receive training, networking opportunities, be supported by a buddy and have the chance to contribute meaningfully to our business.
Our Analytics Graduate Program offers an eighteen month program and includes structured rotations. Your rotations are through many of our core functions so you get a solid understanding of how to use analytical techniques to deliver leading business solutions. Your rotations could include areas such as Modelling and Optimisation, Customer Insights and Modelling, Data Science, Customer Pricing and Customer Engagement, Risk Management and Strategy and Transformation.
We believe great people underpin everything we do. You will be an essential contributor in driving the Retail strategy, to excel at satisfying customer needs in more ways through personal relationships and world class technology. Your program includes tailored development to enhance your technical capability with the use of analytical tools such as SAS, R, SQL and Teradata in conjunction with vast data sets to deliver actionable analytical insights. Your program also includes tailored professional development building your capability as a professional contributor and transition to start thinking like a leader.
You will be provided with exposure to the frontline where you will have the opportunity to work on real business projects whilst applying Design Thinking methodologies. You will work with exceptionally talented people experienced in machine learning and statistical analysis and modelling methods (random forests, boosted models and regression models) in teams such as Customer Insights and Modelling, focused on analysing customer behavioural data and product usage in order to identify and deliver business relevant insights and value-enhancing opportunities to stakeholders across the Group. Or, you might assist Modelling and Optimisation, a function responsible for developing sophisticated price models that enable differentiated customer segment or geographic level pricing as an example.
Your program will provide you with a wide support network including a dedicated Graduate Council comprised of senior leaders who will work collaboratively to ensure you receive the best graduate experience possible. You will obtain skills grounded in deep customer insights giving you the knowledge and experience you need for an exciting career in the Retail Bank.
You will form part of a broader cohort under the Retail Banking Services stream which also incorporates our Banking and Digital graduates and will be able to leverage your experiences and exposure with one another to enhance your graduate experience.
You could continue your career in the Retail Bank in one of the analytical functions and progress through to management of large analytical teams and apply the analytical skills you have built up over the eighteen months.
Roles you could move into include:
- Data Analyst
- Modelling Analyst
- Risk Analyst
- Pricing Analyst.
You are innovative, results driven, solutions focused, resilient, strategically minded and proactive. You are a strong role model of our vision and values and demonstrate leadership behaviour attributes. You have excellent interpersonal skills, are commercially astute and passionate about delivering exceptional customer service.
Graduates from all disciplines are welcome to apply, however, preferred degree areas include:
- Business analytics
- Actuarial studies
- Any other quantitatively oriented discipline.
As well as fine tuning your knowledge and understating of our Analytics area, you’ll also receive:
- Challenging work and diverse experience: You’ll have the opportunity to work on exciting and varied projects that make a difference. This will help you develop a range of new skills and experiences
- Responsibility and autonomy: You’ll deliver outcomes that contribute to CommBank’s strategic priorities and goals
- An ever-improving Program: We're always refreshing and improving our program so you get the most exciting and engaging experience possible. Your development and experience will be overseen by our Graduate Council to ensure your experience is world class
- Support: You’ll be mentored by a senior leader who will help you plan and drive your career
- Stability: You’ll have a permanent role guaranteed upfront (pending satisfactory performance)
- Endless opportunity: You are openly encouraged to discuss your career aspirations with your manager, who can help make them a reality
- Networking: You’ll have the chance to work with talented people, and form important relationships within the business
- Community involvement: You’ll have the chance to engage the wider community through graduate-led community projects and initiatives.
The Australian Top 100 Graduate Employer 2016
#1 Banking and Finance sector
Financial Review and GradConnection Top 100 Graduate Employer 2015
Finalist - Banking and Finance
Finalist - Graduate Program
Universum 2016 - Most Attractive Employers Australia