Applications for our 2018 Graduate Program are now open. To view all available positions and locations, and to apply, visit our listing page.
At Bankwest our customers are at the heart of everything we do. Our culture supports colleagues to deliver a great service to customers that aims to make banking easier. Our collaborative team environment and positive culture enable colleagues to reach their potential and contribute to the success of Bankwest.
This two-year program equips graduates with a broad understanding of banking whilst focusing on your specific leadership capabilities. To succeed, our organisation needs great leaders as well as great specialists. This program ensures we have the right mix of capabilities across our organisation, to build a strong and stable Bankwest of the future. The structured program includes rotations within our core divisions:
Bankwest's Enterprise Services division develops and executes all IT and business change within the organisation, ensuring technology is leveraged to deliver the Bankwest strategy. As WA’s largest and most progressive technology team, our division works on a wide variety of technologies and projects. We also have the support of a dedicated team and use Agile and Lean methods to manage our work and drive results.
With over 6,000,000 customers actively looking for an alternative bank in Australia - Bankwest's Retail banking division offers an innovative, fresh and multi-channelled choice to supporting customers achieve their personal financial goals.
To enable our colleagues to deliver what matters most to our customers, the Retail division is set up as five core departments: Stores & Lending, Contact Centre, Operations, Broker Sales and Digital.
The Business Banking division provides a full range of innovative core and specialised business banking products and services to our Business, Commercial, Property, Rural & Regional, Corporate and Small Business customers across Australia.
From customers with business lending under $250,000, to clients with large turnovers and more complex borrowing requirements, our Business Banking colleagues’ service customers across a wide range of industries.
Products & Marketing
Products & Marketing are responsible for, and oversee, all product, marketing and pricing decisions across Bankwest and are custodians of our brand.
We use key customer insights to assist the design, build, and marketing of products that meet the needs of both our business and retail target customer segments.
During our program you’ll experience various roles, such as: Business Development Analyst, Assistant Relationship Manager, Consultant and Deskside Support.
When you complete the program, we will work with you to understand your career goals and determine your strengths to position you in a role that best suits you and the business.
Through these rotations you’ll gain an in-depth understanding of how different business areas function and what it takes to be a leader at Bankwest. You’ll work directly with customers, develop sales skills and relationship building capabilities, as well as learn the end to end process of developing a banking product and understand the technical challenges involved in banking.
You’ll experience a high-touch leadership development program unlike any other in the industry. Throughout your two years you will develop strong leadership capabilities and be supported through mentoring, coaching and a peer network. Regular training and development opportunities ensure that at the end of the program, you’re ready to step up to a leadership role.
You are flexible, willing to learn new skills and develop business acumen, challenge yourself, meet new people and develop professional relationships. You’re also an innovative, creative thinker, keen to help your business area and the bank achieve its vision.
As well as the chance to participate in a graduate program focused specifically on developing leaders of the future, you’ll also benefit from:
- Challenging work and diverse experience - you’ll have the opportunity to work on exciting and diverse projects that make a difference.
- Responsibility and autonomy - you’ll deliver outcomes that contribute to Bankwest’s strategic priorities and vision.
- Networking - you’ll have the chance to work with many talented people, and form important relationships within the business.
- Exposure - be exposed to all areas of the bank – not only will you experience a rotation in four divisions of our business, we’ll organise exposure to the other areas including Finance, Risk, HR and Strategy.
- Development - take part in learning forums, networking functions, development projects, and social activities. You’ll develop your personal brand, strong communication skills and best-practice leadership capabilities.
- Support - you’ll be partnered with a mentor and have networking opportunities with senior leaders.
- Stability - you’ll have a permanent role guaranteed upfront (pending satisfactory performance).
- Community activity - you’ll be actively encouraged to take part in community activities and to support local charities.
The Australian Top 100 Graduate Employer 2016
#1 Banking and Finance sector
Financial Review and GradConnection Top 100 Graduate Employer 2015
Finalist - Banking and Finance
Finalist - Graduate Program
Universum 2016 - Most Attractive Employers Australia