Applications for our 2017/18 Intern Program will open 5th July at 12.05am.
Business & Private Banking Program overview
We provide a wide range of services and solutions to our small-medium enterprise clients, corporate clients and our regional and agribusiness clients. Many of these clients are defined as having complex financial service requirements, which require a face-to-face relationship to manage their specific needs.
We also take care of our personal and institutional online trading clients at CommSec, and our premium Private Banking clients.
Business & Private Banking has five specialist areas:
- Business Banking SME which provides a comprehensive range of market-leading banking products and services to meet the needs of small and medium enterprise (SME) clients.
- Corporate Financial Services which works with our business clients that turnover between $10 million and $500 million with complex financial needs.
- Commonwealth Private (Private Banking) which provides personal service and trusted advice to high net-worth individuals who have a household income in excess of $400,000 per annum or who intend to invest or borrow $2.5 million or more.
- CommSec which provides equities, margin lending and cash services to Australian retail equities traders and investors. We do this through our online trading platforms and services including our branded businesses CommSec and CommSec Advisor Services.
- Regional & Agribusiness Banking which provides a comprehensive range of financial services to over 20,000 clients located in regional and rural Australia. There is also a Specialised Agribusiness Solutions business based in metro locations supporting Australia’s leading corporate & institutional agribusinesses. We develop strong relationships with our clients to get a real understanding of their businesses financial needs, and then implement the best strategies for each customer.
This 10 week program gives you exposure across our diverse business, whilst you are working in your elected specialist area. You’ll receive training, networking opportunities, be supported by a buddy and have the chance to contribute meaningfully to our business.
This uniquely structured 18 Month Program includes four rotations which will allow you to either specialise or experience vastly different areas within the Business & Private Banking teams. Through these rotations you’ll gain an in-depth understanding of the Business & Private Banking business and have direct exposure to clients. You’ll also develop technical skills, analytical sales or relationship building capabilities. Some rotations may include state-based travel.
As a graduate you’ll build upon fundamental analyst and/or relationship management skills and capabilities. By building your competencies during the graduate program and throughout your career you can aspire to a variety of roles within our teams including:
- Relationship Executive
- Relationship Manager
- Agri Executive
- Associate Private Banker
- Private Banker
- Private Wealth Associate
- Product Manager
- Business Development Executive
- Equities and Derivatives Trading (CommSec)
- Customer Insights and Analytics (CommSec)
- Customer Experience and Marketing (CommSec)
If you are passionate about rural and regional Australia, the digital landscape and online trading space, or simply want to immerse yourself in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of our people, business and communities; a role in our team could be for you. You need to be keen to develop business acumen, challenge yourself, meet new people and develop professional and customer relationships. We’re also looking for innovative, creative thinkers, who are committed to helping our customers realise their own goals and aspirations.
We have roles available in
Sydney: Business Banking SME, Commonwealth Private (Private Banking), Corporate Financial Services and CommSec
Melbourne: Business Banking SME, Commonwealth Private (Private Banking) and Corporate Financial Services
Adelaide: Business Banking SME, Commonwealth Private (Private Banking) and Corporate Financial Services
Brisbane: Business Banking SME, Commonwealth Private (Private Banking) and Corporate Financial Services
Perth: Business Banking SME, Commonwealth Private (Private Banking) and Corporate Financial Services
For our Regional & Agribusiness Banking business, roles are available in regional NSW, VIC, SA, QLD, WA and TAS, as well as in Metro locations for the Specialised Agribusiness Solutions teams.
You may also be required to work in other locations within the same state as part of your rotations through the broader Business & Private Banking program.
Graduates from all disciplines are welcome to apply for the Business & Private Banking Program, but you will have a strong interest in developing your business acumen in either an Analyst or Relationship Management role.
As well as the chance to immerse yourself in our Business & Private Banking Program, you will also benefit from:
- Training and development: You will receive extensive training and development, including our 2 week Graduate Academy based in Sydney at the beginning of your program and ongoing forums at the end of each rotation.
- Diverse Experience: You will receive a holistic experience across several areas of our business, providing a unique opportunity to gain a deep understanding of Business & Private Banking and the variety of career pathways available – setting you up for success now and in the future.
- Exposure: Through the variety of rotations experienced, you will be exposed to other areas of the bank, including sales, risk, product, global markets and local branches. You will also have exposure to strategic initiatives.
- Project Management: Throughout your program you will be assigned projects and tasks that will challenge you to build your business and commercial acumen.
- Customer interaction: You will work directly with customers to build your experience.
- Support: Senior team members will mentor you and you will work with some inspiring, passionate and professional leaders who will support and encourage your tailored career growth.
- Community Involvement: Help support our vision to excel at securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities as you contribute to the wider community through graduate led projects and initiatives.