Applications for our 2018 Graduate Program are now closed. Applications for our Summer Intern Program open early July 2017. You can view and apply for other available roles here.
CommInsure Graduate and Summer Intern Programs
CommInsure Program overview
We provide financial solutions for life insurance and general insurance, as well as investments to help Australians protect their lifestyles. We are one of the largest life insurers in the country, with one of the largest actuarial practices, and we’re focused on responsible investing.
This 10 week program gives you exposure across our diverse business. You’ll receive training, networking opportunities, be supported by a buddy and have the chance to contribute meaningfully to our business.
This two-year, structured Program includes rotations through several core areas - including Capital Management, Policy Liability Valuation, Financial Reporting, Insurance Pricing and Product Development. You’ll also be involved with project-based work, including strategy, granular analysis to uncover insights about our claims experience, business valuation, and providing advice to the business on product developments and initiatives.
There are several key roles that you could move into at the end of the Program:
- Finance Actuaries: responsible for the valuation and reporting of the insurance company’s financial results, calculation and communication of capital requirements and solvency and the management of the insurance risk of the business. In particular, the Appointed Actuary is a key member of the finance team
- Product Actuaries: responsible for the pricing and development of new and existing products, as well as for investigations into the experience of our products.
You have a ‘can do’ attitude and the ability to learn quickly. Driven to succeed, you’ll need strong numerical ability, as well as good interpersonal and communication skills.
As well as fine tuning your knowledge and understating of CommInsure, you’ll also have the opportunity to:
- Be part of an inspirational team: Work alongside some of the industry’s finest and most talented professionals
- Enjoy your time: Be part of a strong and cooperative culture
- Receive training and development: This includes full study support for your actuarial studies (FIAA accreditation) and other technical and soft-skill training. You’ll also be supported by a mentor and buddy
- Enjoy room to move: Receive opportunities to work in different roles, and potentially work in the Asia Pacific region
- Work in a stable role with future potential: When you choose CommInsure, you’re choosing to work within Australia’s largest bank.