Applications for our 2017/18 Intern Program are now open. Applications will close 6th August at 11.55pm (AEST) with the exception of our Global Markets Summer Analyst Program which will close 27th July at 12.00pm (AEST).
Commsec Graduate and Summer Intern Programs
CommSec Program overview
CommSec is the Commonwealth Bank Group’s business which provides equities, margin lending and cash services to Australian retail equities traders and investors through CommSec and Wholesale clients such as Financial Advisors and other financial institutions via CommSec Advisor Services. CommSec is the market leader with a 50% market share of the non-advised retail equities market and CommSec Advisor Services is the market leading wholesale equities business with a share of 15% of the market.
This 10 week program gives you exposure across our diverse business. You’ll receive training, networking opportunities, be supported by a buddy and have the chance to contribute meaningfully to our business.
This structured Program includes various rotations which will allow you to experience different areas within the CommSec business. You will also have the opportunity to rotate through the other areas which fall under the broader Business & Private Banking program, including Business, Corporate & Private Banking and Regional and Agribusiness Banking. Through these rotations you’ll gain an in-depth understanding of a leading digital trading business, have direct exposure to customers, and develop core sales and relationship building capabilities. Some rotations may include state-based travel.
As a graduate, you can aspire to a variety of different roles within our team. Areas of rotation may include:
- Product Development & Management
- Equities and Derivatives Trading
You’ll also have the potential to progress through to Executive and General Manager roles throughout your career.
You are willing to learn new skills and develop business acumen, challenge yourself, meet new people and develop professional and customer relationships. You’re also an innovative, creative thinker, and keen to help customers realise their own goals and aspirations.
We have roles available in Sydney for the CommSec program. You may also be required to work in other locations within the same state as part of your rotations through the broader Business & Private Banking program.
As well as the chance to immerse yourself in our CommSec business, you’ll also benefit from:
- Diverse experience: You’ll be based in the CommSec business which will offer you a truly authentic experience with rotations which could include Marketing, Product, and Trading.
- Exposure: Through the variety of rotations that you will be allowed to experience, you will be exposed to other areas of the bank, including sales, risk, product, global markets and local branches. You’ll also have exposure to strategic initiatives.
- Customer interaction. You will work directly with customers to build your experience.
- Project management: You’ll be assigned projects or tasks that you’ll manage and see through to completion.
- Training and development: You’ll receive extensive training and development, including our 2 week graduate academy at the beginning of your program and ongoing forums at the end of each rotation.
- Support: Senior team members will mentor you and, if you perform, you’re guaranteed a placement at the end of the Program.
- Community involvement: You’ll have the chance to engage the wider community through graduate-led community projects and initiatives.