Applications for our Intern 2016/17 and remaining 2017 Graduate Program are now closed. We will no longer be accepting any further applications.
We encourage you to visit our listing page to find out about other entry level opportunities available outside of our Intern 2016/17 and remaining 2017 Graduate Program. Thanks for your interest in working with us.
Digital (Retail Banking Services) Graduate and Summer Intern Programs
Digital (Retail Banking Services) Program overview
Digital is CommBank’s centre of digital excellence. We’re responsible for bringing together CommBank brands and digital touch-points to create an integrated and consistently exceptional customer experience. As a team, we’re focused on innovating, building and operating digital interactions with our direct ‘mass-market’ and retail segments.
This 10 week program gives you exposure across our diverse business. You’ll receive training, networking opportunities, be supported by a buddy and have the chance to contribute meaningfully to our business.
The Retail Banking Services Digital stream offers an eighteen month program and includes structured rotations and tailored development. We believe great people underpin everything we do. You will be an essential contributor in driving the RBS strategy which is to excel at satisfying customer needs in more ways through personal relationships and world class technology. Your program includes a frontline rotation where you will obtain skills grounded in deep customer insights, giving you the knowledge and experience you need for an exciting career in the Retail Bank. Part of the retail bank’s future success is that we lead with technology, and as part of the graduate program you will be able contribute to this through our online, tablet and mobile bank experiences.
You will form part of a cohort in Retail Banking Services with three streams: Generalist, Digital and Analytics, and will be able to leverage your experiences and exposure with one another to enhance your graduate experience.
Our Graduate Program is designed to set you up for success in a range of different career paths within Digital Channels. Roles you could move into include:
- User Experience Design Specialist
- Customer Centred Design
- Research Manager
- Product Owner
- Digital Producer
- Digital Sales Optimisation
- Digital Content Specialist
- Online Editor.
You are innovative, results driven, solutions focused, resilient, strategically minded, proactive and a strong role model of our vision and values and leadership behaviour. You have excellent interpersonal skills, are commercially astute and passionate about delivering exceptional customer service.
We consider graduates from (but not limited to) Business/Commerce, Marketing, Media and Communications, Computer Science and quantitatively-oriented degrees (e.g. Statistics).
As well as fine tuning your knowledge and understating of Digital, you’ll also benefit from:
- Our culture: We encourage cooperation and knowledge sharing. We take the time to explain projects, concepts and processes to our graduates
- Interesting work: You’ll be exposed to a range of projects that enable you to put the skills you learnt at university into practice
- Endless opportunity: You are openly encouraged to discuss your career aspirations with your manager, who can help make them a reality
- An ever-improving Program: We're always refreshing and improving our program so you get the most exciting and engaging experience possible. Your development and experience will be overseen by our Graduate Talent Council to ensure your experience is world class
- Networking: You’ll have the chance to work with several talented people, and form important relationships within the business
- Community activity: You’ll be actively encouraged to take part in community activities and to support local charities.