Applications for our 2019/2020 Summer Intern Program, Global Markets Summer Analyst Program and 2020 Graduate Program are now closed. Applications for our 2021 Graduate Program will open early next year. You can search and apply for other roles here.
Digital (Retail Banking Services) Graduate and Summer Intern Programs
Digital (Retail Banking Services) Program overview
Digital is CommBank’s centre of digital excellence. We’re responsible for bringing together CommBank brands and digital touch-points to create an integrated and consistently exceptional customer experience. As a team, we’re focused on innovating, building and operating digital interactions for our customers. Find out more about Digital at CommBank.
This 10 week program gives you exposure across our diverse business. You’ll receive training, networking opportunities, be supported by a buddy and have the chance to contribute meaningfully to our business.
Our Digital Graduate Program offers an 18 month program and includes structured rotations designed to build three core digital capabilities for our Graduates. Throughout the program you will get the chance to rotate through three different streams (Delivery, Creative and Strategic), giving you exposure to a wide range of digital tools, skills and projects.
In your first digital rotation you will work in a Delivery role in an area aligned to your interests. During this rotation you will be working with a team with diverse skills to help to shape what a product will look like and overcome challenges as they arise. In your second digital rotation you will work in a Creative role with team options such as our Visual Design, User Experience and Human Centred Design teams. During this rotation you will develop your creative and problem solving skills and gain exposure to world class digital design. In your third digital rotation you will work in a Strategic role in a team aligned to your interests. During this rotation you will develop your strategic thinking and critical thinking skills, solving important business problems that support the financial wellbeing of our customers.
You will form part of a broader cohort under the Retail Banking Services stream, which also incorporates our Commercial, Analytics and Marketing Graduates. In addition to your three digital rotations, you will get the opportunity to work with this broader cohort and get direct exposure to our customers through our branch network, call centres and a unique Design Thinking experience.
Your program also includes multiple professional development opportunities, including interactive masterclasses, training courses and graduate conferences. These collaborative sessions will enable you to develop leadership capabilities, enhance your presentation skills and critical thinking. You will get exposure to topics such as emotional intelligence, resilience and leading through change, which will prepare you for success during the program and beyond.
Our Graduate Program is designed to set you up for success in a range of different career paths within our Digital Team. Teams you could land in beyond the program include:
- Human Centred Design
- Visual Design
- User Experience
- Digital Strategy
- Digital Operations
- Innovation Research
- Social Impact
- Financial Wellbeing
- Behavioural Economics
- Digital Risk
- Digital Retail
- Digital Business
- Digital Customer Communications
- Digital Sales Optimisation
We consider Graduates from all degree backgrounds, however to be successful in your career within our Digital Team, you need to be innovative, a problem solver, results driven, creative, solutions focused, resilient, strategically minded and proactive. You are a strong role model of our purpose and values, and demonstrate leadership attributes. You have excellent interpersonal skills, communication skills and are passionate about delivering exceptional customer service.
As well as fine tuning your knowledge and understanding of our Digital Team, you’ll also benefit from:
- Challenging work and diverse experience: You’ll have the opportunity to work on exciting and diverse projects that make a difference. This will help you develop a range of new skills and experiences
- Responsibility and autonomy: You’ll be trusted to deliver outcomes, with the support of your manager and your team, that contribute to CommBank’s strategic priorities and goals
- An ever-improving Program: We're always refreshing and improving our program so you get the most exciting and engaging experience possible. Your development and experience will be overseen by our Graduate Council to ensure your experience is world class
- Support: You’ll be mentored by a second year Graduate, experienced rotation managers and a HR Program Manager, who will help you develop and drive your own career
- Career success: The program is designed to set you up for your future career and long term success at CommBank
- Endless opportunity: You are encouraged to discuss your career aspirations with your rotation manager and HR Program Manager, who can help make them a reality
- Networking: You’ll have the chance to work with talented people, and form important relationships within the business
- Community involvement: You’ll have the chance to engage the wider community through graduate-led community projects and initiatives.
Our Graduate & Summer Intern Programs
Awards and recognition
The Australian Top 100
Graduate Employer 2019
#1 Banking and Finance sector
Australian Financial Review and GradConnection Top 100
Graduate Employer 2019
#1 Banking, Finance and Insurance Sector
#8 Most popular Employer
Top Graduate Employers 2019