Applications for our 2020 Graduate Program will open at 12:01am AEST 4 March and close at 11:55pm AEST 4 April. For all successful candidates the program will commence in early February 2020. Applications for our 2019/20 Intern Program will open in early July.
Financial Services Graduate and Summer Intern Programs
Financial Services Program overview
We provide financial support to our Board, our shareholders and a vast number of businesses. We work closely with all areas of CommBank and help set our overall business strategy. We are responsible for providing performance management, advice and governance. We advise each business unit about project management and also provide services such as consulting, taxation advice, decision support, management information system design and competitor analysis.
This 10 week program gives you exposure across our diverse business and will help set you up for future success. You will have access to training, networking and mentoring opportunities and will be empowered to make a meaningful contribution to our business.
This 18 month structured Program includes three compulsory six-month rotations in our core business areas with a fourth rotation in one of our Centres of Excellence.
Areas to choose from include:
Core Business Areas
- Business and Private Banking & Bank West Finance
- Institutional Banking & Markets Finance
- Retail Banking Services Finance
- Wealth Management Finance.
- Group Audit
- Group Finance
Centres of Excellence
- Group Treasury
- Investment Development & Strategy
- Investor Relations
- Group Property
You can aspire to a variety of different roles within our team, including:
- Capital Planning Associate
- Finance Manager
- Investment Development Associate
- Reporting Analyst
You are a fast learner, proactive, self-motivated, open-minded to new ways of doing things, and interested in developing your accounting skills. You’ll need to be analytical with an ability to translate financial trends into business opportunities, have strong communication skills and are a team player.
As well as the opportunity to get an in-depth understanding of the Financial Services area, you’ll also benefit from:
- Real work: You’ll have the opportunity to work on projects that will be implemented and make an impact on our business
- Training and development: You will receive extensive training and development including a comprehensive 1 week orientation at the beginning of your program and ongoing masterclasses and tailored training throughout each rotation. We provide financial support to all Financial Services graduates to complete the CA or CPA Programs
- Work with key stakeholders: Learn from and network with some of the best and brightest people in the industry
- Diverse experience: You’ll be exposed to the different skills and experiences necessary to successfully move into more senior roles
- Support: Senior team members will mentor you and, if you meet required performance standards and behaviours, you’re guaranteed a placement at the end of the Program. You will also have a dedicated Graduate Program Manager supporting you through all areas of the program
- Recognition: Every year, the most outstanding graduate is publically awarded at the CFO Breakfast