Financial Services Graduate and Summer Intern Programs
Financial Services Program overview
We provide financial support to our Board, our shareholders and a vast number of businesses. We work closely with all areas of CommBank and help set our overall business strategy. We are responsible for providing performance management, advice and governance. We advise each business unit about project management and also provide services such as consulting, taxation advice, decision support, management information system design and competitor analysis.
This 10 week program gives you exposure across our diverse business. You’ll receive training, networking opportunities, be supported by a buddy and have the chance to contribute meaningfully to our business.
This two-year, structured Program includes four, six-month rotations. Areas to choose from include:
- Business and Private Banking Finance
- Group Audit
- Group Finance
- Group Treasury
- Institutional Banking & Markets Finance
- Retail Banking Services Finance
- Wealth Management Finance.
Throughout the Program, you could be developing strategic ideas and facilitating workshops/ discussions, identifying opportunities to improve the business, communicating with all levels to influence change and analysing business processes.
You can aspire to a variety of different roles within our team, including:
- Capital Planning Associate
- Finance Manager
- Investment Development Associate
- Reporting Analyst
You are a fast learner, proactive, self-motivated, open-minded to new ways of doing things, and interested in developing your accounting skills. You’ll need to be analytical with an ability to translate financial trends into business opportunities, have strong communication skills and are a team player.
As well as the opportunity to get an in-depth understanding of the Financial Services area, you’ll also benefit from:
- Real work: You’ll have the opportunity to work on projects that will be implemented and make an impact on our business
- Training and development: You’ll take part in a structured training program, and we provide financial support to all Financial Services graduates to complete the CA or CPA Programs
- Work with key stakeholders: Learn from and network with some of the best and brightest people in the industry
- Diverse experience: You’ll be exposed to the different skills and experiences necessary to successfully move into more senior roles
- Stability: You’ll have a permanent role guaranteed upfront (pending satisfactory performance)
- Support: You’ll be supported by our Graduate Program working group – a group of people dedicated to the development of our graduates in Financial Services. You will also receive support from Certified Accountancy professionals, and mentoring and buddy support.