Applications for our 2020 Graduate Program are now closed. Applications for our 2019/20 Summer Intern Program will open in early July. You can view and apply for other roles here.
Human Resources Graduate and Summer Intern Programs
Human Resources Program overview
We support each of CommBank’s business units from start to finish. This includes recruiting across each business unit, providing leadership development training and internal mobility, as well as advising on employee relations, delivering remuneration and employee programs and working with the leadership team to provide strategic HR support.
Together, we drive the Group’s People Strategy, which is committed to fostering a vibrant, customer focused, high integrity culture where our people are engaged, passionate and valued.
This 10 week program gives you exposure across our diverse business. You’ll receive training, networking opportunities, be supported by a buddy and have the chance to contribute meaningfully to our business. We provide you with experience working with our HR Direct and People and Payroll Services teams and then give you the option of choosing from several different HR teams to spend the remainder of your summer program.
This 18 month, structured Program offers a mix of rotations, including HR Direct and People and Payroll Services, HR Productivity, Workforce Analytics, Group People Services, Performance and Reward, Organisational Development and Business Unit HR.
The graduate program may lead you to a variety of different career pathways such as the following:
- Business Unit Human Resources
- Workplace Relations Specialist
- Performance and Reward Analyst
- Organisational Capability Consultant
- HR Solutions or Integration Specialist
- HR Productivity Practitioner
You are creative, solutions focused, resilient, capable of identifying and growing talent, flexible, strategically minded, proactive and a great role model of team and leadership behaviour.
As well as an in-depth understanding of the human resources area, you’ll also benefit from:
- The chance to make a difference: Improve the lives for Commbank employees - and create a more equitable, diverse and positive environment in which to work
- Challenging work and diverse experience: You’ll have the opportunity to work on exciting and diverse Human Resources projects
- Working with inspiring people: You’ll have the opportunity to actively influence people’s careers and learn from some of the industry’s most talented professionals
- Support: You’ll be mentored by a senior leader, to help you plan and drive your career
- Volunteering: Take part in volunteering opportunities with a range of not-for-profit organisations.
Awards and recognition
The Australian Top 100
Graduate Employer 2019
#1 Banking and Finance sector
Australian Financial Review and GradConnection Top 100
Graduate Employer 2019
#1 Banking, Finance and Insurance Sector
#8 Most popular Employer
Top Graduate Employers 2019