Applications for our 2019/2020 Summer Intern Program, Global Markets Summer Analyst Program and 2020 Graduate Program are now closed. Applications for our 2021 Graduate Program will open early next year. You can search and apply for other roles here.
Institutional Banking & Markets Graduate and Summer Intern Programs
Institutional Banking & Markets Program overview
Institutional Banking and Markets is responsible for managing the Group’s relationships with major corporate and government clients and institutional investors, and provides a full range of capital raising, transactional and risk management products and services. Our purpose is to enhance our clients’ success through market-leading capabilities and unique insights. It’s part of our DNA.
IB&M also performs an important internal role for the Group by providing markets, lending and transaction banking execution capabilities to other CommBank business units that allows them to capture opportunities with business customers.
The Markets division is responsible for the Trading and Sales activities in financial markets encompassing all Foreign Exchange, Commodities, Fixed Income and Interest Rate products.
This 10 week program gives you exposure across our diverse business. You’ll receive training, networking opportunities, be supported by a buddy and have the chance to contribute meaningfully to our business.
This structured Program includes three rotations in different parts of Institutional Banking & Markets. Depending on where you are placed within the business, you will be required to complete one or more of the following accreditation Programs:
- AFMA Core Accreditation
- AFMA Specialist Accreditation
On a day-to-day basis, you can expect to gain hands-on experience, through involvement with financial analysis, financial modelling, preparation of pitch books, undertaking research projects, dealing directly with internal and external clients, and attending client and management meetings.
Graduates could move into one of the following roles upon completing the Program:
- Associate, Client Solutions Ecosystems:
- Future Cities
- Intelligent Finance
- Future Resources
- Smart Networks
- Efficient Supply Chains
- Connected Services
- Associate, Global Markets:
- Commodities & Trade
- Associate, Credit Portfolio Management:
- Debt Capital Markets
- Loan Markets
You are solutions and team focused, insightful, performance driven, experienced, proactive, ambitious, have excellent interpersonal skills and are a strong fit within our collaborative culture.
We have roles available in Sydney, Melbourne and selected international locations for the Institutional Banking & Markets Program.
Please note the Institutional Banking & Markets Program in international locations recruit at different time frames from the Australian program.
As well as gaining an in-depth understanding of Institutional Banking & Markets, you’ll also benefit from:
- Exciting work: You’ll be involved in making live deals and trades, and will interact with top institutional clients and high-level management within CommBank. You may also have the chance to obtain international exposure and experience
- Diverse experience: You’ll get involved in a range of different areas and projects, which will help you develop a range of new skills and experiences
- Training and development: You’ll receive extensive training and development, including our 4 week Graduate Academy at the beginning of your program and ongoing forums at the end of each rotation
- Support: Senior team members will mentor you and, if you perform, you’re guaranteed a placement at the end of the Program
- Community involvement: You’ll have the chance to engage the wider community through graduate-led community projects and initiatives
Awards and recognition
The Australian Top 100
Graduate Employer 2019
#1 Banking and Finance sector
Australian Financial Review and GradConnection Top 100
Graduate Employer 2019
#1 Banking, Finance and Insurance Sector
#8 Most popular Employer
Top Graduate Employers 2019