Applications for our 2020 Graduate Program will open at 12:01am AEST 4 March and close at 11:55pm AEST 4 April. For all successful candidates the program will commence in early February 2020. Applications for our 2019/20 Intern Program will open in early July.
Institutional Banking & Markets Graduate and Summer Intern Programs
Institutional Banking & Markets Program overview
Competing directly with the largest investment banks in the world, we are CommBank’s primary face to the market for all complex financing and advisory functions - for both corporate and major government clients. We advise on critical issues surrounding debt and equity capital markets, risk management and transactional banking. We service top tier corporate and government clients both here in Australia, and overseas.
This 10 week program gives you exposure across our diverse business. You’ll receive training, networking opportunities, be supported by a buddy and have the chance to contribute meaningfully to our business.
This structured Program includes three rotations in different parts of Institutional Banking & Markets. Depending on where you are placed within the business, you will be required to complete one or more of the following accreditation Programs:
- AFMA Core Accreditation
- AFMA Specialist Accreditation
- Omega Lending Program
On a day-to-day basis, you can expect to gain hands-on experience, through involvement with financial analysis, financial modelling, preparation of pitch books, undertaking research projects, dealing directly with internal and external clients, and attending client and management meetings.
Graduates could move into one of the following roles upon completing the Program:
- Associate Structured Asset Finance
- Associate Client Risk Solutions
- Associate Client Advisory Services
- Assistant Product Manager
- Associate Relationship Support
- Associate within Global Markets Sales or Trading.
You are solutions and team focused, insightful, performance driven, experienced, proactive, ambitious, have excellent interpersonal skills and are a strong fit within our collaborative culture.
We have roles available in Sydney, Melbourne, London and New York for the Institutional Banking & Markets Program.
Please note that the London and New York Institutional Banking & Markets Program recruit at different time frames from the Australian wide program.
As well as gaining an in-depth understanding of Institutional Banking & Markets, you’ll also benefit from:
- Exciting work: You’ll be involved in making live deals and trades, and will interact with top institutional clients and high-level management within CommBank. You may also have the chance to obtain international exposure through a potential placement at the end of your program into one of our offshore offices
- Diverse experience: You’ll get involved in a range of different areas and projects, which will help you develop a range of new skills and experiences
- Training and development: You’ll receive extensive training and development, including our 4 week Graduate Academy at the beginning of your program and ongoing forums at the end of each rotation
- Support: Senior team members will mentor you and, if you perform, you’re guaranteed a placement at the end of the Program
- Community involvement: You’ll have the chance to engage the wider community through graduate-led community projects and initiatives
- Recognition: Every year, the most outstanding Institutional Banking & Markets graduate is publicly awarded, and receives the chance to work with a key business leader on strategic initiatives.