Applications for our 2018 Graduate Program are now closed. Applications for our Summer Intern Program open early July 2017. You can view and apply for other available roles here.
Retail Banking Services Graduate and Summer Intern Programs
Retail Banking Services Program overview
As the public face of CommBank, we deliver a seamless banking experience for the future, to over 10+ million personal and small business customers. We offer market-leading products and services, supported by leading systems and processes.
This 10 week program gives you exposure across our diverse business. You’ll receive training, networking opportunities, be supported by a buddy and have the chance to contribute meaningfully to our business.
The Retail Banking Services stream offers an eighteen month program and includes structured rotations and tailored development. We believe great people underpin everything we do. You will be an essential contributor in driving the Retail strategy which is to excel at satisfying customer needs in more ways through personal relationships and world class technology. Your program includes tailored development building your capability as a professional contributor and transition to start thinking like a leader. You will be provided with exposure to the frontline where you will have the opportunity to work on real business projects whilst applying Design Thinking methodologies.
Your program will provide you with a wide support network including a dedicated Graduate Council comprised of senior leaders who will work collaboratively to ensure you receive the best graduate experience possible. You will obtain skills grounded in deep customer insights giving you the knowledge and experience you need for an exciting career in the Retail Bank.
Some of the areas you could rotate into include Payments and Retail Strategy and Retail Products who as a team manage the development and delivery of all retail products, drive innovation in retail payments and develop the Retail Bank’s strategic direction. Additionally, you could choose Customers, Third Party and Mobile Banking or Group Sales and Service, who as a team are responsible for driving a leading sales and service culture across the Bank, handling customer issues as well as major transformational programs within Retail Banking Services. Our Strategy and Design team work with key business partners to develop the strategy for Direct Channels, and create the road map to achieve it. It also provides an advisory capability to deliver strategic insights and guidance on surfacing themes and new opportunities. The team are made up of specialists able to consult on strategy, enterprise and contact centre technology, customer experience and innovation, people and communications.
You will form part of a broader cohort within Retail Banking Services including our Digital and Analytics graduates and will be able to leverage your experiences and exposure with one another to enhance your graduate experience.
Roles you could move into include:
- Business Analyst
- Customer Experience
- Marketing Consultant
- Strategy and Development
- Retail Pricing
- Specialist Retail Distribution
- Campaign Development.
We consider graduates from all degree backgrounds however to be successful in your career in the Retail Bank you are innovative, results driven, solutions focused, resilient, strategically minded and proactive. You are a strong role model of our vision and values and demonstrate leadership attributes. You have excellent interpersonal skills, are commercially astute and passionate about delivering exceptional customer service.
As well as an introduction to the Retail Banking Services area of CommBank, you’ll also benefit from:
- Challenging work and diverse experience: You’ll have the opportunity to work on exciting and diverse projects that make a difference. This will help you develop a range of new skills and experiences
- Responsibility and autonomy: You’ll deliver outcomes that contribute to CommBank’s strategic priorities and goals
- An ever-improving Program: We're always refreshing and improving our program so you get the most exciting and engaging experience possible. Your development and experience will be overseen by our Graduate Council to ensure your experience is world class
- Support: You’ll be mentored by a senior leader, who will help you plan and drive your career
- Endless opportunity: You are openly encouraged to discuss your career aspirations with your manager, who can help make them a reality
- Networking: You’ll have the chance to work with talented people, and form important relationships within the business
- Community involvement: You’ll have the chance to engage the wider community through graduate-led community projects and initiatives