Applications for our 2019/2020 Summer Intern Program will open at 12:01am AEST 8th of July and close at 11:55pm on the 8th of August. For all successful candidates the program will commence on the 25th of November, 2019. Applications for our 2021 Graduate Program will open early next year. You can view and apply for other roles here.
Risk Management Graduate and Summer Intern Programs
Risk Management Program overview
Our customers expect us to be there for them when it matters, and they expect us to do the right thing at all times. Our role in Risk Management is to continually improve the way we manage risk to deliver better risk and customer outcomes. We support the Group with strategies and frameworks to assess, report on and manage risks.
This 10 week program gives you exposure across our diverse business. You’ll receive training, networking opportunities, be supported by a buddy and have the chance to contribute meaningfully to our business.
As part of our 18 month program, our tailored experience has a 3 rotation structure which allows you to experience the full spectrum of what Risk Management does across the Group. Through the rotations, you will have an opportunity to design, review or develop risk policies, principle standards, methodologies and measurements to ensure the management of risks is within the agreed risk parameters.
You will have an opportunity to work across a range of specialised Risk divisions such as:
- Business & Private Banking Risk
- Institutional Banking & Markets Risk
- Retail Banking Services Risk
- Enterprise Services Risk
- Group Credit Risk
- Operational Risk
- Portfolio & Market Risk Management
- Risk Strategy & Optimisation.
The opportunities are endless and the work provided is varied and different.
The specific Portfolio & Market Risk Management (PMRM) stream on the Risk graduate program is an exciting opportunity to launch your career as a quantitative risk professional. Gaining broad experience during three rotations within the team, you’ll get the chance to develop credit and market risk models and perform advanced analytics to provide key risk and business insights.
Some of the exciting projects previous graduates worked on include:
- Developing Probability of Default, Loss Given Default, or Exposure at Default estimates for credit portfolios, for use in capital calculation, loan originations or business decision making
- Developing and testing pricing models, statistical behavioural models, historical value a risk models and Monte Carlo simulation models for use in measuring market risk in the trade book, interest rate risk in the banking book and derivative counterparty credit risk.
By the end of the program you will have gained a solid foundation in risk modelling, and first-hand experience in developing advanced risk models in collaboration with business stakeholders.
After completing the Graduate Program, you could move into the following roles
- Compliance Analyst
- Risk Associate
- Risk Executive
- Quantitative Analyst
Many of our past graduates have moved into senior manager roles in Australia and overseas.
You are innovative, results driven, resilient, strategically minded and proactive. You are a strong role model of our values, have excellent interpersonal skills, are commercially astute and passionate about delivering better risk and customer outcomes.
Many of our previous graduates had Economics, Accounting, Mathematics, Law, Science and Engineering qualifications, but we’re open to different perspectives and would love to talk to you about what you could bring to our team.
As well as an understanding of the Risk Management area, you’ll also benefit from:
- Industry knowledge: You’ll learn all about the current market with exciting, fast-paced work based on real-world scenarios
- A great team: You’ll work alongside friendly, supportive and diverse people.
- The chance to make a difference: You’ll work on new policies and Programs, which could have a big impact
- Training and mentoring: You’ll receive plenty of training and mentoring. You’ll also be provided with a training budget.
Our Graduate & Summer Intern Programs
Awards and recognition
The Australian Top 100
Graduate Employer 2019
#1 Banking and Finance sector
Australian Financial Review and GradConnection Top 100
Graduate Employer 2019
#1 Banking, Finance and Insurance Sector
#8 Most popular Employer
Top Graduate Employers 2019