We develop strategies and risk frameworks that allow the Group to take conscious, Board-approved exposures to credit, market, operational, compliance and insurance risks. We do this by identifying, assessing and reporting risks to achieve optimal return outcomes for the Group.
Risk Management Graduate and Summer Intern Programs
Risk Management Program overview
This 10 week program gives you exposure across our diverse business. You’ll receive training, networking opportunities, be supported by a buddy and have the chance to contribute meaningfully to our business.
As part of our 18 month program, our tailored experience has a 3 rotation structure which allows you to experience the full spectrum of what Risk Management does across the Group. Through the rotations, you will have an opportunity to design, review or develop risk policies, principle standards, methodologies and measurements to ensure the management of risks is within the agreed risk parameters.
You will have an opportunity to work across a range of specialised Risk divisions such as:
- Business & Private Banking Risk
- Institutional Banking & Markets Risk
- Retail Banking Services Risk
- Wealth Management Risk
- Group Credit Risk
- Operational Risk
- Portfolio & Market Risk Management
- Risk Strategy & Optimisation.
The opportunities are endless and the work provided is varied and different.
The specific Portfolio & Market Risk Management (PMRM) stream on the Risk graduate program is an exciting opportunity to launch your career as a quantitative risk professional. You will gain broad experience during three rotations within the team in developing credit and market risk models and performing advanced analytics to provide key risk and business insights across the Group.
Some of the exciting projects previous graduates worked on include:
- Developing Probability of Default, Loss Given Default, or Exposure at Default estimates for credit portfolios, for use in capital calculation, loan originations or business decision making
- Developing and testing pricing models, statistical behavioural models, historical value a risk models and Monte Carlo simulation models for use in measuring market risk in the trade book, interest rate risk in the banking book and derivative counterparty credit risk.
By the end of the program you will have gained a solid foundation in risk modelling, and first-hand experience in developing advanced risk models in collaboration with business stakeholders.
After completing the Graduate Program, there are quite a few different roles you could move into. This could include:
- Compliance Analyst
- Risk Associate
- Risk Executive
- Quantitative Analyst
Many of our past graduates have moved into senior manager roles in Australia and overseas.
You are bright, enthusiastic, a hard worker, a team player, good at problem solving, capable of applying logical, critical and creative thinking and committed to achieving world-class standards.
In the past, our graduates have come from Economics, Accounting, Mathematics, Law, Science and Engineering disciplines. However, we are always open to welcoming new graduates with different skills.
As well as an understanding of the Risk Management area, you’ll also benefit from:
- Industry knowledge: You’ll learn all about the current market with exciting, fast-paced work based on real-world scenarios
- A great team: You’ll work alongside friendly, supportive and diverse people.
- The chance to make a difference: You’ll work on new policies and Programs, which could have a big impact
- Training and mentoring: You’ll receive plenty of training and mentoring. You’ll also be provided with a training budget.