With a variety of technology and tools available to help you manage your money, it can be hard to know where to start. Here’s a quick summary of some ways you can make keeping tabs on your finances easier.
- Budget planning calculator – a CommBank tool that helps you set a budget and work out how much more you can put away regularly to meet your financial goals sooner
- MoneySmart budget planner – a government created tool that’s easy to use. You can tailor the categories and clearly set out your budget using the website, downloadable spreadsheet or mobile app
- Portfolio view - get a current picture of your finances and keep track of your assets and liabilities. All you have to do is add the details to your NetBank portfolio page and monitor progress in NetBank or the CommBank app.
Tracking your spending
- Transaction Notifications – alerts through the CommBank app that help you keep track of your spending. Get instant notifications to your mobile every time you pay for something using your credit card. However, this feature is not currently available if you have an additional credit card holder.
- Spend Tracker & Insights – a tool in the CommBank app that automatically puts your transactions into categories such as groceries, cash and bills so you can see where you’re spending
Managing bills and payments
- Bills sent straight to NetBank and the CommBank app – see, pay and track your bills all in one place
- AutoPay – schedule automatic bill payments using credit card or BPAY.
There are calculators and tools you can use to compare products, work out repayments and more.