- Does my car insurance policy cover storm damage?
- What’s the difference between market and agreed value?
- What happens to my insurance if I sell my car and buy a new one?
- Does my child need to be listed as a driver if they drive my car occasionally?
- How does the ‘replacement of a new vehicle after a total loss’ benefit work?
Documents & forms
- CommInsure Car Insurance Product Disclosure Statement applies to policies commencing or renewing on or after 1/4/2017
- Home and car insurance information brochure
- CommInsure Car Insurance Premium, Excess and Discount Guide applies to policies commencing or renewing on or after 1/04/2017
- Direct debit request form for car insurance policies
Looking for a loan to buy a car?
Things you should know
1 This discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other discount (other than those listed in the relevant Product Disclosure Statement or any Supplementary Product Disclosure Statement) or in conjunction with any other promotional offer, unless we have advised in the promotional offer that this discount will apply. We may remove or change this discount effective from the renewal date. This discount cannot be backdated. Minimum premiums may come into force and reduce the extent to which discounts are applied.
2 Cover for damage caused by fire, storm, hail or flood is excluded for the first 24 hours of the policy (exceptions apply). Policy limits and other exclusions apply.
3 Conditions apply. Read the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) for more information.
As this information has been prepared without considering your personal objectives, financial situation or needs, you should, before acting on it, consider its appropriateness to your circumstances. This information is provided by Commonwealth Insurance Limited (CIL) and where we refer to ‘we’ and ‘our’, we mean CIL.
The target market for this product will be found within the product’s Target Market Determination, available here.
Car Insurance is provided by CommInsure, a registered business name of Commonwealth Insurance Limited ABN 96 067 524 216 AFSL 235030 (CIL). CIL is a wholly owned non-guaranteed subsidiary of Commonwealth Bank of Australia ABN 48 123 123 124 (The Bank). The Bank does not guarantee the obligations or performance of CIL or the products it offers.
CommInsure is proud to be a signatory to the General Insurance Code of Practice, for more information on the code visit www.codeofpractice.com.au.