- $4 monthly account fee will be waived if you deposit at least $2,000 per month (or $1,000 if you’re aged 21 to 24). The waiver will also apply if you’re on Student Options, under 21, or you meet certain other criteria.*
- $0 ATM withdrawal fee from CommBank and Bankwest ATMs in Australia
- $0 personal overdraft establishment fee and no monthly interest charges or fees if you don’t use your overdraft. Find out more about personal overdrafts.
Additional fees apply for:
- International transactions
- Assisted withdrawals in branch or over the phone
- Cheques written by you.
Things you should know
The advice on this website has been prepared without considering your objectives, financial situation or needs. Because of that, you should, before acting on the advice, consider its appropriateness to your circumstances. Please view our Financial Services Guide (PDF 68KB). Full terms and conditions for the transaction and savings accounts (PDF | 660KB) mentioned and Electronic Banking are available here or from any branch of the Commonwealth Bank.
* Monthly account fee waived for accounts opened after 1 June 2010 with at least $2,000 deposited each calendar month and from 17 October 2011, if you are 21 to 24 years old you will be exempt from monthly account fees if you deposit at least $1000 into the account each calendar month (excludes Bank initiated transactions). A monthly account fee waiver will also apply if you’re under 21 years of age, or you’re a full-time or part-time tertiary student at an Australian educational institution or undertaking an Australian Apprenticeship on Student Options. You may also be eligible for a different monthly account fee exemption if you have an aged disability or war veterans pension deposited in your account, have a balance of $50,000 or more in eligible contributing accounts, are part of a wealth package or are reliant on over the counter services because of a disability.
# Limit of $500 in without a card withdrawals per day from over 3,000 CommBank ATMs. CommBank app, NetBank, NetCode and account access required. Full conditions on app.
^The recipient needs to have an Australian bank account (with BSB and account number) and have an active mobile phone number.
Electronic transactions can be made via Commonwealth Bank ATMs and Bankwest ATMs, online with NetBank, via telephone banking or EFTPOS in Australia.
MasterCard and the MasterCard brand mark are registered trademarks of MasterCard International Incorporated.