Business Overheads Cover
It makes good business sense
Specifically designed for small business owners and the self-employed, our Business Overhead Cover will look after the regular, fixed operating expenses of your business if you can’t work due to sickness or injury.
These costs may include:
- mortgage payments
- property rates and taxes
- electricity, telephone and other utility expenses
- cleaning and laundry
- remuneration and associated costs of non-income generating employees
- principal and interest repayments under a loan for the purpose of the business
- leasing costs of equipment or motor vehicles
- business insurance premiums
- accountancy fees
- subscriptions to professional associations
Business Overhead Cover also provides you:
- the ability to claim if you have elective surgery
- a waiver of premium while you receive certain benefits
- cover that is indexed to inflation
- free accidental death cover after three years
- a cash back option that pays back certain premiums when the policy ends without a claim after three or more years of cover
You can purchase Business Overhead Cover on its own, or you can package it with Income Care or Income Care Plus for a 10% discount on your annual Business Overheads Cover premium.
How to apply
- Use our online booking form to schedule an no-obligation consultation with a Commonwealth Financial Planner.
- Speak with a Customer Service Consultant on 13 10 56 from 8am to 8pm (AEST), Monday to Friday.
The premium for a Business Overheads Cover policy is generally considered an allowable deduction from your assessable income for tax purposes.
- Important information
As this advice (including the statements on taxation which are based on present taxation laws, rulings and their interpretation) has been prepared without considering your objectives, financial situation or needs, you should, before acting on it, consider its appropriateness to your circumstances. You should seek advice from your taxation adviser in relation to taxation matters.
Business Overheads Cover is components of the Personal Insurance Portfolio, issued by The Colonial Mutual Life Assurance Society Limited ABN 12 004 021 809 (CMLA). CMLA is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Commonwealth Bank of Australia. The Commonwealth Bank of Australia does not guarantee the obligations or performance of CMLA or the products it offers.
View a Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) for Personal Insurance Portfolio and consider it before making any decision about this product.
Commonwealth Financial Planners are representatives or authorised representatives of Commonwealth Financial Planning Limited ABN 65 003 900 169 AFSL 231139, a wholly owned but non-guaranteed subsidiary of Commonwealth Bank of Australia ABN 48 123 123 124.