Our Comprehensive Insurance offers the highest level of cover available for your car, covering your car as well as damage it causes to other people’s vehicles and property.
With our Comprehensive Car Insurance, you’re given access to a range of additional benefits, like cover for emergency repairs and towing and storage costs, for no extra cost. You can also choose from a range options to increase your cover or reduce how much you pay for your policy.
Here’s what our Comprehensive Insurance covers you for:
- Loss or damage to your vehicle that’s caused by a range of Insured Events, including collision or impact, fire, theft, storm, hail, flood and vandalism
- The theft of your keys, up to the value of $1,000
- Liability for damage your vehicle causes to other people’s property, up to the value of $20 million
You can find out more about these in the Car Insurance Product Disclosure Statement
Our Comprehensive insurance also includes these additional benefits, for no extra cost:
- Replacement of a new vehicle after a total loss^
- Access to a hire car if your car is stolen, for up to 14 days^
- Liability cover for damage any substitute vehicle you’re driving causes to other people’s property
- Cover for towing and storage costs
- Cover for emergency repairs, up to the value of $500
- Cover for loss or damage to personal belongings and clothes, up to $500
- Cover for transportation costs, up to the value of $400
- Cover for emergency accommodation costs, up to the value of $400
- Cover for accidental death, up to the value of $5000
- Cover for loss or damage to baby capsules and child seats, up to the value of $400
- Temporary cover for your replacement vehicle, for up to 14 days
You can also choose to add the following policy options to your cover, for an additional cost:
- Access to a hire car after an incident, for up to 14 days
- No basic excess for windscreen and window glass claims
- Protected No Claim Discount (NCD)
And you can reduce how much you pay for your policy by choosing any of these voluntary policy options:
- Restricted drivers, which means you won’t be covered for any loss or damage to your car while it’s being driven by someone under 30
- The voluntary additional basic excess, where you can choose to pay a higher excess on top of any basic excess that’s payable on your policy
Get a quote online now and your premium will be calculated with a discount of up to 10%*. And if you choose to pay premiums monthly, your insurance won’t cost more¹.
^Conditions apply. Please read the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) for more information.
*This discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other discount (other than those listed in the relevant Product Disclosure Statement or any Supplementary Product Disclosure Statement) or in conjunction with any other promotional offer, unless we have advised in the promotional offer that this discount will apply. We may remove or change this discount effective from the renewal date. This discount cannot be backdated. Minimum premiums may come into force and reduce the extent to which discounts are applied.
¹ Your financial institution may charge fees for these transactions.
As this information has been prepared without considering your personal objectives, financial situation or needs, you should, before acting on it, consider its appropriateness to your circumstances. This information is provided by CIL and where we refer to ‘we’ and ‘our’, we mean CIL. You can download a Car Insurance Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and Financial Services Guide (FSG) by clicking on the links, or calling 13 2423 for a paper copy.
Car Insurance is provided by CommInsure, a registered business name of Commonwealth Insurance Limited ABN 96 067 524 216 AFSL 235030 (CIL). CIL is a wholly owned non-guaranteed subsidiary of Commonwealth Bank of Australia ABN 48 123 123 124 (The Bank).