- Gain easy access to your funds in up to 13 currencies on the one card, choose from United States Dollars, Euros, Great British Pounds, Australian Dollars, Japanese Yen, New Zealand Dollars, Hong Kong Dollars, Canadian Dollars, Singapore Dollars, Thai Baht, Vietnamese Dong, Chinese Renminbi and Emirati Dirham
- Lock in the exchange rate when you load your card
- Load up to AUD100,000 (or equivalent foreign currency amount) on the card
- Reloadable for free in the CommBank app, NetBank, in branch, call us or via BPAY®
- Prepaid so you’ll always know how much you have to spend
- Convert one pre-loaded currency into another
- Secure your funds with a smart chip card protected by a PIN and your signature.
Features & benefits
A Travel Money Card is a reloadable prepaid card that holds foreign currency. It provides a secure and convenient way to access your money overseas.
Enjoy the ease and convenience of managing your Travel Money Card from anywhere in the world through the CommBank app and NetBank. With all your banking in the one place, here you can:
- Check your current balance and transaction history
- Enjoy fee-free reloads at locked-in exchange rates
- Transfer existing card balances into other currencies
- Transfer to and from selected CommBank accounts in real time
- Change your currency order
- Change your PIN
- Lock and unlock your card for added security
- Set up SMS alerts (NetBank only).
Alternatively you can call the Travel Money Customer Service Centre on (+61) 1300 660 700, 24/7 within Australia or (+61) 2 9999 3283 from overseas (reverse charges accepted).
When you make a purchase, the card will automatically use the currency of the country in which the transaction is made, if the currency is on your card. If it is not loaded on your card, the first available currency (according to the currency order on your card) will be used.
Things you should know:
As this advice has been prepared without considering your objectives, financial situation or needs, you should before acting on this advice, consider its appropriateness to your circumstances. The Product Disclosure Statement and Conditions of Use (PDF 222.5kb)issued by Commonwealth Bank of Australia ABN 48 123 123 124 for Travel Money Card should be considered before making any decision about this product. View our Financial Services Guide (PDF 160kb).