How do I activate the Commonwealth Bank MasterCard Gift Card?
Last updated 09 March 2015
How do I activate my gift card?
To activate the gift card:
If the gift card number starts with 533838:
- Visit the Commonwealth Bank MasterCard Gift Card website www.commbank.com.au/prepaid to activate, or
- Call the Customer Support Line on 1800 214 212, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
If the gift card number starts with 529529:
- Visit www.commbank.com.au/giftcard to activate, or
- Call 13 1661 (or + 61 2 9921 5075 outside of Australia), 8am – 8pm Monday to Friday, Sydney/ Melbourne time. International call charges apply if you call from overseas.
You will need the following information at the time of activation:
- Card Number – the 16 digits on the front of the gift card
- Card Security Code – The 3 digits next to the signature panel
- Personal Access Code – the 4 digit code selected at the time of purchase. If the card is a gift for someone other than the purchaser, the Personal Access Code should also be provided
How do I dispute a transaction?
If you have carefully reviewed your transaction history online by logging into www.commbank.com.au/prepaid and believe that there is a mistake, you can lodge a dispute. To dispute a transaction, click on ‘Dispute Form’ on the top right hand corner and follow the prompts. If a dispute isn't lodged within 90 days of the queried transaction, our ability to obtain any refund is restricted.
What if the Commonwealth Bank Mastercard gift card is lost/stolen?
The Commonwealth Bank Mastercard gift card must be treated like cash. If it is lost or stolen, it will not be replaced.
Can I get a refund with the Mastercard gift card?
Yes, provided you made the original purchase with the gift card and the store allows refunds. You must present the gift card to the store. They can then credit the required value back to the gift card – just like a normal credit card.
You're unable to receive the refund in cash.