We collect personal information about you when you use or access our platforms, and on an ongoing basis while you bank with us, including:
- Information about your identity, such as your name and contact details (including your email address and mobile number)
- Information about your personal circumstances (e.g. marital status, age, gender, occupation, and relevant information about your partner or family)
- Information contained in identity documents or government documents, provided by you or someone acting on your behalf (e.g. your drivers' licence, passport, Medicare number) or government-issued concession cards you hold (e.g. a Seniors Card or a Veterans Card)
- Credit and other financial information, including transactions and payments made using our platforms and details of any of your assets and liabilities (such as your share holdings or accounts with other financial institutions). For more information see credit reporting.
- Information you or someone acting on your behalf provides us as part of applying for a product or service from us, including details of your income and assets, financial liabilities, copies of bank statements and credit card statements from other financial institutions, as well as information from third parties regarding your credit history
- Details of consents you’ve provided us relating to the sharing of your data (including in relation to the Consumer Data Right or Open Banking).
- Information you provide in free text fields, such as surveys, search terms or chat on our platforms
- Information about the electronic devices (computers, mobile phones or tablets) you use to access our platforms and how you use them, including:
- Details relating to your devices, their operating systems, browsers, other applications and settings
- Information associated with your access to our platforms, such as information relating to the wi-fi network or mobile network used by your devices when accessing our platforms
- General location information we get from your device’s IP address, or more specific location if you have opted in
- Information about the way you use your devices while accessing our platforms, such as pages you visit on our platforms, click rates, scrolling or swiping activity, mouse movements, or typing speed. We may collect and process this information to generate a 'biometric fingerprint' that relates specifically to you, which we can use to identify unusual behaviour
- Additional information when you’re using the CommBank app, as set out in the Addendum to this notice
The information we collect may include sensitive information. For example, we may ask for health information as part of an application for insurance. If we collect this type of information, we'll ask for your permission (except when we’re required or authorised by law to collect this information without your consent).
We may collect this information from you directly or from third parties, including:
- Someone acting on your behalf, such as a parent or guardian, agent, or authorised operator of your account
- Third party service providers who capture data when you use our platforms on our behalf
If you give us information about others (such as a joint applicant or if you’re an organisation, its officers or beneficial owners), you must have their authority and tell them what's in this notice.
Back to top