Applications for our 2018 Graduate Program are now open. To view all available positions and locations, and to apply, visit our listing page.
Regional and Agribusiness Banking Graduate and Summer Intern Programs
Regional and Agribusiness Banking Program overview
We provide a comprehensive range of financial services to over 20,000 customers, located in regional and rural Australia. We develop strong relationships with our customers to get a real understanding of their business financial needs, and then implement the best strategies for each customer's unique situation. CommBank has been committed to regional communities and agribusiness for more than 100 years.
This 10 week program gives you exposure across our diverse business. You’ll receive training, networking opportunities, be supported by a buddy and have the chance to contribute meaningfully to our business.
During this structured Program you’ll rotate around key areas of the bank, including sales, risk, product, global markets and branches, whilst being based in a regional centre for the majority of your rotations so that you gain a genuine insight into our customer base. You’ll have the opportunity to build relationships with customers face-to-face to consolidate your personal, business and leadership skills. You will also have the opportunity to rotate through the other areas which fall under the broader Business & Private Banking program, including CommSec and Business, Corporate & Private Banking. Some rotations may also include state-based travel.
Potential roles within Regional and Agribusiness Banking during and after the Program include:
- Relationship Analyst
- Relationship Manager
- Regional and Executive Manager.
You’ll also have the potential to progress through to Executive and General Manager roles throughout your career.
You are passionate about rural and regional Australia and interested in helping these customers realise their own goals and aspirations. You’ll be keen to meet new people and develop customer relationships, while building a career in finance and banking in regional Australia.
We have roles available in regional NSW, VIC, SA, QLD, WA, and TAS for the Regional and Agribusiness Banking program. You may also be required to work in other locations within the same state as part of your rotations through the broader Business & Private Banking program.
As well as gaining a solid introduction to our Regional and Agribusiness Banking area, you’ll also benefit from:
- Recognition and reward: We have an awards Program called the Hall of Fame, which consists of quarterly and annual awards across several categories
- Inspirational people: You’ll work with some inspiring, passionate and professional leaders who will support and encourage your career growth
- Hands-on experience: You’ll gain hands on experience in a number of different areas including sales, risk, product, global markets and local branches
- Sydney-based training and development: You’ll receive extensive training and development, including our 2 week graduate academy at the beginning of your program and ongoing development forums during the Program. These are run in Sydney so you can share your experiences and learn from each other.
- Support: Senior team members will mentor you and, if you perform, you’re guaranteed a placement at the end of the Program
- Community involvement: You’ll have the chance to engage the wider community through graduate-led community projects and initiatives
- Customer experience: You’ll gain a great foundation in customer service through on-site visits and industry field days
- Diverse experience: You’ll receive experience in several different areas of our business - providing an understanding of which career path is right for you
The Australian Top 100 Graduate Employer 2016
#1 Banking and Finance sector
Financial Review and GradConnection Top 100 Graduate Employer 2015
Finalist - Banking and Finance
Finalist - Graduate Program
Universum 2016 - Most Attractive Employers Australia