Help & support
1. The Commonwealth Bank of Australia ‘StepPay Merchant Campaign’ (Campaign) is conducted by the Commonwealth Bank of Australia ABN 48 123 123 124 of Level 5B, 11 Harbour Street, Sydney NSW 2000 (PH: 13 2221).
2. The Campaign commences at 12:01am (AEST) on 1 October 2022 and closes at 11:59pm (AEST) on 30 November 2022 (Campaign Period).
3. The Campaign is open for participation to eligible Commonwealth Bank business customers with a New South Wales (NSW) trading address, who meet the eligibility criteria in clause 11 below. Only physical locations in NSW are permitted to participate.
4. To be eligible for the StepPay Merchant Cash Incentive (Cash Incentive), Campaign participants will need to display the tent card bearing the Campaign QR Code provided by the Commonwealth of Australia at their point-of-sale or countertop during the Campaign period.
5. The Cash Incentive will be calculated based on the total number of StepPay applications submitted through the CommBank App accessed using a Campaign QR code during the Campaign Period, with participants eligible for a payment of $110 for the first StepPay application submitted and $10 for every subsequent application submitted.
6. The Cash Incentive will be credited to the linked CommBank transaction account within 45 days of the end of the Campaign Period.
7. The Cash incentive is inclusive of any applicable GST. CommBank accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise on receipt of the Cash Incentive. Accordingly, merchants should seek their own advice from the Australian Tax Office or their own taxation advisor.
8. Campaign participants must not:
8.1. provide any advice, opinions or recommendations regarding the StepPay product;
8.2. assist customers to apply for the StepPay product;
8.3. represent or create the impression that the bank has approved, will approve, or is likely to approve a customer for the StepPay product;
8.4. Continue to display the tent card bearing the Campaign Period QR code after the Campaign has ended.
9. At the end of the Campaign Period, all collateral relating to the Campaign, including the tent card bearing the Campaign QR Code provided by the Commonwealth Bank of Australia, must be destroyed.
10. We reserve the right to terminate the offer at any time. Offer valid as at 5 August 2022 and subject to change.
Eligibility and exclusions
11. Eligibility and exclusions apply. This Campaign is open to Australian residents who:
11.1. Are a CommBank merchant customer with a NSW trading address during the Campaign Period;
11.2. Have a valid CommBank merchant number;
11.3. Have a CommBank Business Transaction Account, Cheque Account Not Bearing Interest, or Cheque Account Bearing Interest linked to their merchant facility;
11.4. Have a physical location in NSW where a tent card may be displayed;
11.5. Are not a CommBank Institutional Banking customer;
11.6. Are not in an excluded industry based on Merchant Category Code (MCC), including:
11.6.2. Amusement and Entertainment
11.6.3. Automotive/Vehicle Rentals
11.6.4. Automotive and Vehicles
11.6.5. Business Services
11.6.6. Government Services
11.6.7. Mail Order/Telephone Order providers
11.6.8. Miscellaneous stores
11.6.9. Personal Service Providers
11.6.10. Professional Services & Membership Organisations
11.6.11. Service Providers
Full list of excluded industries by Merchant Category Codes (MCC).