Activating your account
Card activation allows you to start using your card to pay for items in shops, withdraw money from ATMs, and even buy online and overseas if you have chosen a Debit MasterCard®.
- Click on the "More" tab and then select "Manage my accounts"
- Select the card type you would like to activate
If you are registered for NetCode SMS you will need to receive and enter a NetCode and then click "Submit".
Your card will then be activated and ready to use.
Note: If you're not registered for NetCode or are experiencing difficulties activating your card, call us on 13 2221 or visit a branch to obtain a PIN.
Making a deposit is one of the first steps in using your account. You can do this in several ways:
- Transfer money from another financial institution online or over the phone using your BSB and account number
- Transfer funds from an existing Commonwealth Bank account to your new account in NetBank or through the CommBank app
- Visit a Commonwealth Bank branch and make a cash deposit, or we can organise to pull funds across from an account at another institution through an automatic transfer#
Important information: MasterCard and the MasterCard brand mark are registered trademarks of MasterCard International Incorporated.
# A fee may be payable when transferring money from another institution.