Home loan options if you’re self-employed
If you are self-employed, you may not have all of the usual documentation that is required to apply for a home loan. But that doesn’t mean you can’t achieve your dream of becoming a home owner or property investor.
Our Low Doc Home Loan is designed for self-employed people and allows you to secure a mortgage without the financial statements or tax returns usually required.
You can use our home loan calculators to work out how much you can borrow and what your repayments will be.
If you’re self-employed and looking for a Low Doc option, there are some conditions that apply:
- You need to be self-employed in the same industry for at least one year and supply details such as your ABN and/or Certificate of Incorporation
- You need to provide your Business Activity Statements (BAS) for the past 12 consecutive months, verified by the Australian Tax Office (ATO)
- You need to confirm that your income has been registered for GST for a minimum of 12 months
- You may be asked to provide six months worth of statements for your primary business or personal transaction account
- The maximum amount you can borrow on a Low Doc Home Loan is 80% of the property value
- If you are borrowing more than 60% of the property value, you will need Lenders’ Mortgage Insurance
- The Low Doc home loan option is available on most home loans*
- Package discounts are not available on Low Doc Home Loans.
If you’re self-employed and looking to buy a home or investment property, talk to one of our lending specialists about how to get started. We can also provide support and advice to help you achieve your business goals. Simply make an appointment online, by phone on 13 2224 or at your closest branch.
Getting the most from your home loan
* Applications for finance are subject to the Bank’s normal credit approval. Full terms and conditions are included in the Loan Offer. Bank fees and charges are payable. Low Docs are not available on 1 Year Guaranteed Rate, 12 Month Discounted Variable Rate, No Fee Variable Rate, 3 Year Special Economiser, Equity Unlock Loan for Seniors.
Package discounts are not available on Low Doc Loans.