1. The Commonwealth Bank of Australia ‘Make Business Moves with StepPay’ (Promotion) is conducted by the Commonwealth Bank of Australia ABN 48 123 123 124 of 124 of Level 3C, 11 Harbour Street, Sydney NSW 2000 (PH: 13 2221) (Promoter).
2. The Promotion commences at 12:01am (AEST) on 27th September, 2021 and closes at 11:59pm (AEST) on 31st January, 2022 (Promotion Period).
3. Entry is open to Australian residents who:
(a) are a CommBank merchant customer during the Promotion Period and at the time the entries are judged;
(b) Have a valid CommBank merchant number;
(c) Have not already entered the Promotion; and
(d) are not an employee or an immediate family member (spouse, parent, sibling or child) of an employee of the Promoter or of the Promoter's related entities directly involved in the Promotion (as determined by the Promoter).
at the time of entry and when the Prize is drawn (Eligible Entrant).
4. To enter, Eligible Entrants must, at any time during the Promotion Period:
(a) Capture a photo of the provided StepPay Merchandise displaying at their merchant point of sale or shop front, ensuring the StepPay logo is clearly visible; (photo)
i. StepPay Merchandise includes:
I. StepPay Standalone Decal (sticker)
II. StepPay Integrated Decal (sticker)
III. StepPay Tabletop (Tent) Card
(b) Write an answer, in 25 words or less, to the question ‘How does StepPay help your customers?’ (text)
(c) Submit the (photo) & (text) in an email, with their CommBank merchant number to firstname.lastname@example.org (Merchant number can be found at the top of your monthly statement)
5. Entries will be judged on the Competition Criteria by the Final Judging Committee in two (2) periods.
(a) Period one (1) will be judged between 9:00am (AEST) on 15th November, 2021 & 5:00pm (AEST) on 19th November, 2021.
i. A total of four (4) Prizes of AUD $10,000 (total prize value of AUD $40,000) will be awarded in period one (1).
ii. Only entrants received before 11:59pm (AEST) 12th November, 2021 are eligible.
(b) Period two (2) will be judged between 9:00am (AEST) on 1st February, 2022 & 5:00pm (AEST) on 4th February, 2022.
i. A total of six (6) Prizes of AUD $10,000 (total prize value of AUD $60,000) will be awarded in period two (2)
ii. All entrants eligible.
6. Competition Criteria: The (photo) & (text) will be judged on the below three (3) elements. Each element will be awarded a score of ten (10) by the three (3) judges, with a highest possible score of ninety (90). The highest four (4) scores in period one (1) & the highest six (6) scores in period two (2) will be declared the winners.
i. Creativity & imagination (photo)
ii. Creativity & imagination (text)
iii. Personal touch (text)
7. The Final Judging Committee will consist of;
(a) A representative from CommBank Marketing
(b) A representative from M&C Saatchi Australia
(c) A representative from Mastercard®
8. The entries that are judged as having the highest scores against the Competition Criteria will be the winner (Winner) and will be awarded AUD $10,000 (Prize).
9. A total of ten (10) winners will be determined, all receiving the Prize of AUD $10,000 only (total prize value of AUD $100,000).
10. The Promoter will notify each Winner by telephone and email within two (2) business days of the Prize being awarded, and will publish the name of the Winners online at the Promoter’s website available at www.commbank.com.au/business/payments by 11:59PM (AEST) on 1st March, 2022. (Unless a Winner is unable to be contacted by that date, in which case publication in respect of that Winner will be as soon as practical after that Winner has been contacted).
11. The Winners must claim the Prize by 11:59pm (AEST) on 30th April, 2022 by confirming receipt of the notification during the notification telephone call or by return email.
12. If the Prize is not claimed by that time,
(a) The relevant winner will be taken to have forfeited the Prize and the Prize may be awarded to a reserve winner determined at the time the entries are judged (Reserve Winner).
(b) The Promoter will notify that Reserve Winner by telephone and email within two (2) business days of the Prize being awarded to them, and will publish their name in the manner described in clause 10; and
(c) The Reserve Winner must claim their Prize within fourteen (14) days of being notified pursuant to clause 12 (b)
13. If a Reserve Winner does not claim their Prize within fourteen (14) days, the process set out in clause 12 shall be applied again, and so on until each Prize has been claimed.
14. As a condition of claiming the Prize, the Winner or Reserve Winner (as the case may be); (Prize Recipient) must:
(a) accept these terms;
(b) consent to the publication of their name and address in accordance with these terms;
(c) consent to the Promoter using the Prize Recipient's and/or the Winner's/Reserve Winner's name, likeness, image, text and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of this Promotion (including any outcome) and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter; and
(d) sign any legal release and indemnity as may be reasonably required by the Promotor and/or any supplier of any elements of the Prize
15. Each prize will be deposited into the Settlement Account associated with the relevant Winners Merchant number
16. Information on how to enter and prize details set out in all communications regarding the Promotion form part of these Terms and Conditions.
17. Any entry not complying with these terms is invalid. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion.
18. The Promoter’s decision is final in relation to all aspects of this Promotion and no correspondence will be entered into.
19. Beneficiaries of the Prize accept the Prize ‘as is’ and acknowledge that the Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from their Prize. Beneficiaries of the Prize should seek advice from the Australian Tax Office or their own taxation adviser.
20. Promoter reserves the right, at any time, in its sole discretion, to verify the validity of entries and Entrants (including an Entrant’s identity, age, place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Entrant whom the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these terms, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the Promotion. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
21. If for any reason this Promotion is not capable of running as planned (including, but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion), the Promoter may, subject to the approval of all relevant regulatory authorities, take any action that may be available including cancelling, terminating, modifying or suspending the Promotion.
22. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
23. Nothing in these terms limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the states and territories of Australia (Non-Excludable Guarantees).
24. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter and its related entities (including its respective directors, officers, employees and agents) are not responsible for and exclude all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or Prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in Prize value to that stated in these terms; (e) any tax liability incurred by a beneficiary of a Prize (including an Entrant and the Prize Recipient); (f) use/taking of the Prize (g) the Promotion.
25. All entries become the sole property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects your personal information so that it may process your entry, administer this Promotion and contact you regarding information on products or services that may be of interest to you
26. The Promoter may communicate personal information to external providers and organisations to which it may outsource certain functions.
28. You may contact the Promoter via the Privacy Officer, Customer Relations, Commonwealth Bank Group, Reply Paid 41, NSW 2001, by calling 13 2221 or by visiting any branch.