Teaching real-life money skills to under 14s
Easy to use. Secure.
Fun, secure way to teach your child money management, with the reassurance of parental account controls. Your child can only transfer money between their own accounts in the CommBank Youth app.
With their own bank accounts, your child can learn to save and spend responsibly in the CommBank Youth app.
Open either of these and your child will get a NetBank client number. Got a Youthsaver but no NetBank client number? We can set this up in branch.
You’re ready to start helping your child make earning, saving and responsible spending decisions using their Smart Access Account for Youth and Youthsaver account in the CommBank Youth app.
Manage real money, digitally
- Check account balance and transactions at a glance
- Set a savings goal, track progress and celebrate with a virtual high five when the goal’s been reached
- Prompts to get your child thinking before they transfer or spend their money
- Create a list of chores/jobs together. Tick them off and pay pocket money as you go
- Transfer money between Youthsaver account and Smart Access Account for Youth depending on saving and spending choices
- See Dollarmites tokens balance if your child participates in School Banking
- Track your child’s CommBank Youth app banking activity, alongside your accounts, in the CommBank app.
Things you should know
As this advice has been prepared without considering your objectives, financial situation or needs, you should, before acting on this advice, consider its appropriateness to your circumstances. Please view our Financial Services Guide (PDF 68KB). Full terms and conditions for the transaction and savings accounts (PDF | 660KB) mentioned and Electronic Banking
The CommBank Youth app is free to download however your mobile network provider charges you for accessing data on your phone. The CommBank Youth app is available on iOS operating system 9.0+. NetBank access with NetCode SMS is required.
The CommBank app is free to download however your mobile network provider charges you for accessing data on your phone. The CommBank app is available on Android operating systems 4.0+ and iOS operating system 8.0+. Terms and conditions are available on the app. NetBank access with NetCode SMS is required.