Applications for our Intern 2016/17 and remaining 2017 Graduate Program are now closed. We will no longer be accepting any further applications.
We encourage you to visit our listing page to find out about other entry level opportunities available outside of our Intern 2016/17 and remaining 2017 Graduate Program. Thanks for your interest in working with us.
Colonial First State Graduate and Summer Intern Programs
Colonial First State Program overview
At Colonial First State, we focus on helping customers secure their financial futures through smart investing. As one of Australia's leading wealth management groups, we provide investment, super and retirement products to individuals, and corporate super to employers. We’re dedicated to the financial wellbeing of all our customers, including investors, advisers and employers, and we provide value for money and great customer service.
This 10 week program gives you exposure across our diverse business. You’ll receive training, networking opportunities, be supported by a buddy and have the chance to contribute meaningfully to our business.
This two-year, structured Program includes rotations through several core areas, including Client Services, Product and Investment, Marketing, Strategy and Distribution. You’ll experience the forefront of our business and the core of what we do, as well as help contribute to our product development, see how campaigns are put together, help with market research, and provide analysis and reporting to our sales team.
Our Program helps you develop your management and leadership skills for an analyst or managerial-level role. Some of roles that you could move into include:
- Business Analyst
- Business Development Associate
- Investment Analyst
- Marketing Specialist
- Product Analyst
- Research Analyst.
You are an innovative, creative thinker with fresh ideas and perspectives, who is eager to learn and make a real contribution. You’ll need strong communication, leadership and relationship building skills and be able to work independently.
Graduates from all disciplines are welcome to apply, however, preferred degrees include:
- Mathematics or Statistics.
As well as fine tuning your knowledge and understanding of Colonial First State, you’ll also have the opportunity to:
- Contribute: You’ll interact with customers, financial advisors, key industry bodies and senior leaders
- Gain exposure: Meet with our Wealth Management Group Executive throughout the year and get a first-hand perspective on the direction of the business
- Receive training and development: Attend programs and workshops, learning forums and networking events designed to give you a better understanding of the business
- Gain support: Be supported by a mentor and buddy
- Build a strong career foundation: A number of our leaders have had long careers with us
- Work with a diverse team: We provide a culture of inclusiveness for all employees
- Give back to the community: You’ll have the chance to get involved in many initiatives including the Inspire Foundation and Carers Australia.