At Colonial First State, we focus on helping customers secure their financial futures. With expertise spanning a range of investment, superannuation and retirement products, we’re committed to providing the best possible outcomes over the long term for our investors. As one of Australia's leading wealth management groups, we provide investment, super and retirement products to individuals, and corporate super to employers. We’re dedicated to the financial wellbeing of all our customers, including investors, advisers and employers, and we provide value for money and great customer service.
Colonial First State Program overview
This 10 week program gives you exposure across our diverse business. You’ll receive training, networking opportunities, be supported by a buddy and have the chance to contribute meaningfully to our business.
This two-year, structured Program includes rotations through several core areas, including Client Operations, Product, Investment, Marketing, Strategy and Distribution. You’ll experience the forefront of our business and the core of what we do, as well as help contribute to our product development, see how campaigns are put together, help with market research, and provide analysis and reporting to our sales team.
Our Program helps you develop your management and leadership skills for an analyst or managerial-level role. Some of roles that you could move into include:
- Business Analyst
- Business Development Associate
- Investment Analyst
- Marketing Specialist
- Product Analyst
- Research Analyst.
You are an innovative thinker with fresh ideas and perspectives, who is eager to learn and make a real contribution. You’ll need strong communication, leadership and relationship building skills and be able to work independently.
As well as fine tuning your knowledge and understanding of Colonial First State, you’ll also have the opportunity to:
- Contribute: You’ll interact with customers, financial advisors, key industry bodies and senior leaders
- Receive training and development: Attend programs and workshops, learning forums and networking events designed to give you a better understanding of the business
- Gain support: Be supported by a mentor and buddy
- Build a strong career foundation: A number of our leaders have had long careers with us
- Work with a diverse team: We provide a culture of inclusiveness for all employees
- Give back to the community: You’ll have the chance to engage the wider community through graduate-led community projects and initiatives.
Awards and recognition
The Australian Top 100
Graduate Employer 2019
#1 Banking and Finance sector
Australian Financial Review and GradConnection Top 100
Graduate Employer 2019
#1 Banking, Finance and Insurance Sector
#8 Most popular Employer
Top Graduate Employers 2019