As part of your application for a bank account in Australia, you can apply for a credit card before you come to Australia to ensure you can pay for purchases when you arrive in the country.
We offer a conditionally approved MasterCard with a minimum credit limit of $1,000 to those who have:
- applied for a Commonwealth Bank transaction account,
- established full time permanent employment in Australia with a confirmed Australian income of more than $50,000 per annum.
- been granted eligible visa ( 457 , Permanent Resident, temporary business visas) or hold an Australian/NZ passport.
There are six credit card options:
|Credit card type||Minimum limit||Commonwealth Awards||Annual fee|
|Gold Credit Card||$4,000||Yes||$1141 or $1441|
|Awards Credit Card||$1,000||Yes||$591 or $891|
|Low Rate Gold Credit Card||$4,000||No||$901 or $1201|
|Low Rate Credit Card||$1,000||No||$481 or $781|
|Low Fee Gold Credit Card||$4,000||No||$02 or $902|
|Low Fee Credit Card
||$1,000||No||$02 or $242|
1The lower annual fee is payable if you hold a qualifying Commonwealth Bank account or loan at the time you apply for a new credit card.
2The annual fee will be waived in the first year if you hold a qualifying Commonwealth Bank account or loan at the time you apply for your Low Fee credit card and in subsequent years if you spend (purchases and cash advances only) at least $1,000 per annum.
How to apply for a credit card
Contact our Migrant Financial Services team who will explain the offer and send you an application form. Complete the application and attach copies of the following documents to the form:
- Passport, including visa (New Zealand passport holders do not require a visa)
- Letter of employment (this must include your salary and length of employment)
The application form and accompanying documents can be faxed to +61 2 9151 8399 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact us for more information on credit cards.
- You need to be 18 years or over to apply for a credit card. Applications for credit cards are subject to the Bank’s normal credit approval. Full Conditions of Use will be included in the Letter of Offer. Other fees and charges are payable.
- As this advice has been prepared without considering your objectives, financial situation or needs, you should before acting on this advice, consider its appropriateness to your circumstances. If you have a complaint, the Bank’s dispute resolution process can be accessed on 13 2221. Terms and Conditions issued by Commonwealth Bank of Australia for Debit MasterCard are available by calling 13 2221, from commbank.com.au or from any branch of the Bank.