Everyone needs a helping hand when they first arrive in a new country, and we have a range of home and personal loans to lessen your financial worries.
Holding Australian permanent residency or NZ passport when moving to Australia? Please refer to our ‘Guide to personal loan’ information page.
People intending to move to Australia on a 457 visa may also be eligible for a loan, subject to:
- Have confirmed employment in Australia
- Hold a salary credited Commonwealth Bank transaction account with a reasonable balance
- Hold a 457 visa
How to apply for a personal loan
Visit any of our local branches who will explain the offer and submit the personal loan application for you on the spot. Please ensure to bring in the following Supporting Documents:
- Passport, including visa or other evidence the applicant holds a 457 visa using documents provided electronically from the 'Australian Government Department of Immigration and Citizenship'
- Employment contract or letter from employer stating income, position and length of employment
If you want to know more about personal loans while you are in your country of origin, please call + 61 2 9999 3283.
If you’re in Australia and would like more information, please visit any of our branches or call 13 14 31 for more information.
We offer a complete range of home loan options designed to meet your needs.
To be eligible for a loan, you must be at least 18 years old and able to provide:
- Evidence of ongoing regular income
- Evidence of any existing liabilities
- Proof of sufficient funds to cover the fees associated with buying a property in Australia
- Sufficient identification and, in some cases, other details
NB: If you are not a resident of Australia, you will require approval from the Foreign Investment Review Board before buying residential property. See www.firb.gov.au for more information.
How to apply for a home loan
Once you arrive in Australia, you can start a five-minute application online. One of our Home Lending Specialists will then call at a time that suits you to assist with the rest of your application. Alternatively, you can contact us on 13 2224, 24 hours, 7 days a week, or visit any Commonwealth Bank branch to arrange an appointment.
If you want to arrange an appointment prior to your arrival in Australia, contact the International Customer Services team.
- You need to be 18 years or over to apply for a Personal Loan. Applications for finance are subject to the Bank’s normal credit approval. Full terms and conditions will be included in the loan offer. Fees and charges are payable.